We have an exciting opening for a full-time Universal Banker I – Float position!
To deliver exceptional customer service while performing a wide range of customer support related to consumer and business banking, including transaction processing as well as assisting customers with a variety of questions regarding consumer and business products, services, policies and regulations of the bank in a clear and pleasant manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a working understanding of retail and commercial depository products and services.
- Process various in-branch financial transactions including cashing checks, accepting deposits and loan payments, negotiable instrument sales, savings bond redemptions, in a timely manner.
- Possess and demonstrate strong organizational skills to maintain proper follow up of customer opportunities while traveling between branch locations.
- Balances Cash Recyclers.
- Upholds customer security in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls with a goal of increasing business, customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Interacts with customer to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products and services.
- Identifies and closes cross-sell opportunities in order to solicit sales of new or additional services or products and refers customers to bank staff for purchase/set-up of certain products and services, as appropriate.
- Opens checking and savings deposit accounts, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes.
- Communicates with customers to explain features and benefits of products or services offered.
- Demonstrates products or services and provide assistance in the best application of products or services.
- Performs data entry to maintain consumer and commercial contact and deposit data into the bank’s computer system.
- May provide written credit references, process check orders, stop-payments, wire transfers, point of sale (POS) and automated teller machine (ATM) disputes and notarize documents.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC rules.
- Reports suspicious client and account activity.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Highland Bank customers and employees.
- Assists other Highland Bank staff; performs other duties as apparent or as delegated by supervisor, in order to provide excellent customer service.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimally two to four years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Cash handling, Help Desk, Phone Bank.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both customers and other employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel between Highland Bank locations when required.
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures and stress that can change rapidly dependent on staffing levels as well as customer activity.
- Good organizational skills, to include re-prioritizing day-to-day tasks to accommodate the needs of both customers and co-workers.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with mobile banking solutions delivered via mobile phone, tablet and PC banking solutions.
- Maintains a high level of bank compliance and regulatory knowledge.