The Manager of Marketing, Public Relations, and Sales Support is responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing a fully integrated marketing strategy for the Bank. This role will drive brand awareness and work with the leadership team to create a comprehensive marketing plan for both internal and external audiences that includes promoting the brand, developing marketing campaigns, and defining sales support needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and manage (in coordination with other business line managers) the marketing budget, ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to achieve growth goals and increase the Bank’s visibility.
- Develop and implement the Bank’s brand strategy by establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout:
- Collateral materials (external and internal)
- Communications (PR and customer)
- Advertising and events.
- Develop and deliver a marketing strategy plan, including a monthly and yearly calendar of events, for both new and existing products that will result in improved profitability and increased product and service usage.
- Work closely with the Bank’s sales teams, by providing marketing resources that will enable them to meet their sales objectives including appropriate tools, materials, presentations, as well as the development of templates and professional bios.
- Develop in conjunction with the sales team, an overall community engagement strategy that support the goals, values and culture of the Bank. Work with the marketing team on implementation of the strategy.
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns, distribute and provide campaign analysis reports for commercial and retail customers and prospects utilizing tools such as Synapsys Marketing Manager.
- Leverage external and internal databases including LoanVantage, Synapsys, and lead generation lists to support sales and referral activity throughout the organization.
- Represent Marketing on the Product and Pricing Committee.
- Coordinate event/sponsorship resources with the marketing team, including marketing materials and employee presence.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the Marketing Team, ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented and that brand standards are met.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on designing and development of marketing collateral and content.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and public relations.
- Manage the Bank’s social media presence, direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Work with local and national media to promote the Bank and its brand using self-prepared press releases and other means to try to gain greater public awareness of the bank and its programs, policies, and community service.
- Coordinate and promote media appearances of the Bank’s Officers in the local and national media.
- Schedule, coordinate, and promote internally and externally the Bank’s participation in awards programs sponsored by the national and local media.
- Oversee and evaluate market research, the competitive environment and consumer trends, adjusting marketing strategies to meet the changing conditions.
- Partner with sales team and operations to support the Bank’s delivery of products and services.
- Maintain informed knowledge related to compliance in advertising the Bank’s products and services.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable employment laws.
- Mentor and coach direct reports as they work to achieve performance goals.
- Regularly review job performance of direct reports and assist in the review of department employees to ensure expectations are met, efficiencies are identified, and all necessary employee development is recognized.
- Manage the Bank’s vendor relationships as they pertain to the marketing function, such as:
- Mood Media – On hold messaging and in-branch music
- Site Improve – Website compliance and regulator content
- Manage Highland Wear, promotional inventory, and stationery.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the Marketing Department.
- Establish KPI’s for marketing activity.
- Provide reporting cadence and expectations against KPI’s.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of SEO and SEM objectives, including oversight and evaluation.
- Manage bank’s overall customer survey program to include vendor relationship, ongoing reporting/tracking/communication of results, etc.
- Mastered knowledge of related state and federal banking regulations and other Bank operational policies along with Bank products and services offered.
- Proficient with various software programs utilized for desktop design, web site design, automated email systems, examples include Adobe Design Suite, Photoshop, WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact or similar programs.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to provide leadership and training for all employees
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with social media management platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook Ads, Facebook Live, Google Ads, etc.
- Ability to work with limited supervision while performing duties.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in marketing or a related field and 7 years of experience in marketing.
May directly supervises employees in the Marketing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.