We have an exciting career opportunity for a Loan Administrative Specialist II at our Bloomington branch!
This position is primarily responsible for, under general supervision and in line with established policies and procedures, completing special projects, providing loan administration duties and back up for preparing, processing and perfecting documents and booking consumer and commercial loans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Completes special projects including property tax verification, collateral vault audit, HMDA audits, board reports, and others as assigned by manager.
- Prepares loan documentation for consumer and commercial loans, on an as needed basis, in compliance with Federal and State regulations and Bank policy guidelines.
- Administers the loan booking process on core and document imaging software, includes new loans and renewals for consumer and commercial loans.
- Enters information into the loan tickler system regarding future action needed such as obtaining additional documentation, financial statements, etc.
- Processes loan recording, filing and origination fees to Bank’s general ledger accounts.
- Active participant in loan due diligence meetings.
- Provides customer service by answering questions pertaining to loan activities such as loan balances, payoff amounts, interest accruals and billing statements, etc.
- Establishes and maintains Bank’s loan collateral files.
- Works with the Bank’s collateral insurance monitoring vendor to ensure proper flood insurance coverage remains in force. Force place policies and premiums when necessary.
- Rotates weekly department tasks including monitoring department email boxes and monitoring and distributing doc requests.
- Provides administrative support by keying, copying, faxing, and distributing correspondence, reports, and loan documents; maintaining department records and loan files, collateral vault, and computerized tickler system.
- Maintains the privacy and security control of all customer records. Reports suspicious activity or lax security measures to a manager.
- Responsible for compliance with The Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act (AML/BSA), OFAC, Customer Information Policy (CIP) and Identity Theft Program to ensure ongoing risk assessment analysis as well as monitoring and reporting suspicious activity.
- Process credit disputes and maintain accurate credit bureau reporting on all loans.
- Prepares and mails adverse action notices as directed by lenders and manager.
- Provides administrative support for various vendors and software programs.
- Processes wire payments for client notes and participation transactions utilizing the proper transaction codes on the loan system. Verify transactions post properly the following day
- May provide back up for other areas.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory banking compliance.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision but is a strong team player.
- Strong time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills, knowledge of various operating systems (i.e., Windows, Mac, etc.)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.