We have an exciting career opportunity for an IT Support Technician at our Maple Grove Operations Center!
Under minimal supervision, in line with established policies and procedures, demonstrates expertise in the management and support of technology for the entire organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of an organization’s computer operations function.
- Ensures rapid, accurate, and efficient processing of corporation’s computer-based workload.
- On occasion supervises and coordinates activities of workers operating computers and peripheral equipment.
- Plans, manages and controls the activities of computer operations, exclusive of the systems and programming function.
- Prepares activity and progress reports.
- Manages and coordinates computer operations activity to ensure rapid, accurate, and efficient data processing of organization’s workload.
- Plans and develops policies and procedures for carrying out computer operations.
- Builds systems capability that reflects the highest state of technical sophistication consistent with the company’s needs and budget.
- Helps in securing company databases.
- May be responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing policies, standards, and methodologies.
- May be responsible for hardware contract administration and/or outsourcing contract administration and service levels including negotiation of contract provisions, interface with legal department, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- May oversee information systems employee administration, including selection, training, and personnel development.
- Consults with top management in order to help determine both technical and business goals; make detailed plans for the accomplishment of these goals.
- Helps direct and coordinate the planning, research, management and operation of information systems infrastructure.
- Provides system support and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software applications for end users.
- Provides network and server administration for Microsoft Exchange environments.
- Directs continuing review of present systems and methods and formulation of new and revised systems, examining techniques in use and determining appropriate changes to affect improvements, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency.
- Ensures that hardware and software are stable and at the appropriate vender supported version levels and plans/implements upgrades accordingly.
- Ensures that upkeep, maintenance and security of networks and information systems are current.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technologies, equipment, and systems.
- Supports the remote staff and any traveling employees.
- Sets priorities, initiates new projects, and issues directives regarding information systems services.
- Helps design and implement the disaster recovery plan.
- Develops internal controls documentation for information technology.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing personal knowledge and proficiency in the area of banking processes and technologies.
- Very detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Written and verbal communication skills enabling effective interaction with users from all levels.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision.
- Willing and capable of to travel to all other Highland Bank locations as needed.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and regulatory banking compliance in order to properly perform the duties of this position.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or;
- six months to one year related experience and/or training or;
- equivalent combination of education and experience.