We have an exciting career opportunity for a Commercial Banking Associate II at our Minnetonka and Maple Grove locations!
Under the direction of management, in line with established policies and procedures, this position coordinates and reinforces the sales efforts of the commercial banking staff, by managing the administrative work and documentation related to commercial banking and lending, as well as providing customer service to the commercial customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plays critical role of conducting Pre-Close and Post-Close Loan Review for commercial loan requests, to minimize documentation exceptions and risks related to compliance, regulatory, and lien perfection.
- Assists in ordering and reviewing collateral verification documentation from bank vendors, as needed (i.e., Titlework, Environmental Assessments, Appraisals, etc.)
- Assists the account officer with the underwriting process: outlining the first draft of a Minor Credit Display and completing WAM’s.
- Assists the account officer with the sales process: preparing Credit Checklists for new loan requests and drafting term sheets and proposal letters.
- Provides general customer service to all customers in Commercial Banker portfolio, including answering questions pertaining to commercial loan activities and real estate such as loan balances, payoff amounts, interest accruals, billing statements, etc. Able to prepare amortization schedules.
- Maintains the privacy and security control of all customer records. Reports suspicious activity or lax security measures to a manager.
- Approves and opens new business checking and savings accounts and maintains existing business depository accounts. Handles the details of customer service transactions for business customers. Verifies the authenticity of new customers by obtaining required identification and processing identification through EFunds. Provides new account regulatory and Bank disclosures as applicable.
- Takes active role in regular care calling of commercial customer base, to maintain frequent contact, identify possible service issues or concerns, and to uncover any potential sales opportunities. May work with bankers in calling on overdrafts and past dues.
- Coordinates interaction between account officer, cash management and customer regarding the sale or service of specialized cash management products.
- Maintains tickler database for insurance and financial information (i.e., personal financial statements, tax returns, annual, interim financial statements, etc.). Provides support to account officers in exception reporting and follow-up. Contacts customers, as appropriate, to collect financial reporting and insurance information and/or clear exceptions.
- Assists account officer with annual loan reviews and renewals, to include maintaining organized and up-to-date commercial credit files, as well as contacting customers, when appropriate, to initiate the renewal process. Completes loan processing including documentation and disbursement.
- Manages high level ongoing and one-time projects as assigned, related to commercial banking initiatives. Provides training to new or less experienced Commercial Banking Associates as needed. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned. May provide back up to other positions.
- Proactively identifies new sales opportunities and handles themselves for smaller/executive personal deals or refers them to the appropriate assigned officer. Refers employees to consumer banking for retail product needs and to Investment representative for investment needs.
- Coordinates the daily monitoring of overdrafts, non-posts, account exceptions, etc. Acts accordingly to address and resolve issues.
- Support, advance, and be responsible for meeting bank and department quality service standards.
- Updates customer portfolio information, to ensure accurate file records.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Business, Finance, Sales or related field from four-year college or university
- Three to five years of experience with business lending documentation is preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of bank operations, products and services, and regulatory and statutory requirements
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and regulatory banking compliance in order to properly perform the duties of this position.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, as well as spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to operate standard office equipment