We have an exciting career opportunity for a Commercial Banking Associate. Position location can potentially be at any on of our five branch locations!
Under the direction of management, in line with established policies and procedures, this position coordinates and reinforces the sales efforts of the business banking staff, by managing the administrative work and documentation related to commercial banking and lending, as well as provides customer service to the business customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts Pre-Close and Post-Close Loan Review for business loan requests and minimizes documentation exceptions and risks related to compliance, regulatory and lien perfection.
- Provides general customer service to all customers in Business Banker portfolio, including answering customer questions regarding loan balances, payoff amounts, interest accruals, billing statements, etc. Able to prepare amortization schedules.
- Maintains the privacy and security control of all customer records. Reports suspicious activity and security concerns.
- Approves and opens new business checking and savings accounts and maintains existing business depository accounts.
- Verifies the authenticity of new customers by obtaining required identification and processing identification through EFunds. Provides new account regulatory and Bank disclosures.
- Calls business customer base, identifies possible service issues or concerns, and uncovers any potential sales opportunities. May also contact customers regarding overdrafts and past dues.
- Coordinates interaction between account officer, cash management and customer regarding the sale or service of specialized cash management products.
- Assists in collecting financial reporting and collects insurance information and/or clears exceptions. Maintains financial statements (i.e., personal financial statements, tax returns, annual/interim financial statements) and insurance information in tickler database.
- Assists with annual loan reviews and renewals, maintains business credit files, and contacts customers to initiate the renewal process. Completes loan processing documentation and disbursement
- Identifies new sales opportunities and refers them to the appropriate bank employee or department. Refers employees of business customers to consumer banking or the appropriate department.
- Coordinates the daily monitoring of overdrafts, non-posts, account exceptions, etc. and resolves any issues.
- Updates customer portfolio information, to ensure accurate file records.
- Support, advance, and be responsible for meeting bank and department quality service standards.
- Manages other projects as assigned. May provide back up to other positions.
- A thorough knowledge of bank operations, products and services, and regulatory and statutory requirements
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and regulatory banking compliance in order to properly perform the duties of this position.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, as well as spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Business, Finance, Sales or related field from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three to five years of experience with business lending documentation is preferred.