We have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant position in Maple Grove!
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the CFO and the Finance and Accounting Supervisor with various day-to-day accounting and operational routines within the Accounting and Finance Department, including maintenance to the FMS application system, general ledger accounting, accounting for non-performing assets, including allowance for loan loss calculation, summarization and compilation of all internal, external, and regulatory financial and operating data for accurate and timely reporting, tax reporting, coordination and administration of the Bank’s fixed asset and capital expenditure programs and coordination and administration of the Bank’s general ledger certification program. This position also provides ancillary support to the CFO and the Finance and Accounting Supervisor on special projects including, but not limited to, strategic planning, budgeting, implementation of accounting pronouncements and other projects as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the bank’s daily cash position at the Federal Reserve and correspondent banks to ensure adequate balances are maintained to meet daily funding needs. Assist Finance and Accounting Supervisor with the maintenance of the bank’s wholesale funding program.
- Assist Finance and Accounting Supervisor in the daily monitoring and maintenance of the integrity of general ledger system. Provide daily and monthly monitoring and review of general ledger accounts for errors, unusual fluctuations in balances, and overall reasonableness. Research and resolution of reconciling items. Preparation and monitoring of daily and monthly general ledger journal entries, including set up and revision of recurring monthly journal entries; review and approve the propriety and completeness.
- Oversight and maintenance of fixed asset accounting policies, procedures, and supporting subsidiary records; including updates for additions, retirements, sales, abandonments, and depreciation. Assist and support periodic fixed asset inventory control procedures. Periodic reconciliation of fixed asset accounting subsidiary ledgers to general ledger accounts. Oversight and maintenance of capital expenditure program. Working with branch staff and vendors on property management issues, including repairs, maintenance and vendor management.
- Preparation of the quarterly, semiannual, and annual regulatory reports for the Bank and Holding Company; includes maintenance of supporting documentation and work papers; reconcile and resolve call report software edits; communicate results and transmit reports timely; includes annual update and revision to the Call Report Policy.
- Coordination and administration of the Bank’s general ledger certification program. Primary reconciliation role for general ledger and internal/bank controlled accounts; including providing direction and guidance to bank personnel with reconciling responsibilities. Advise CFO and Accounting and Finance Supervisor of account activity and account reconcilements not in compliance with established bank policies and procedures. Maintain effective working relationships and workflows between various departments of the bank.
- Compilation and preparation of the ALLL calculation and classified asset report; including the maintenance and documentation of methodology and related historical database information.
- Primary responsibility over semi-annual FAS #91 monitoring and reporting.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and/or banking regulations under the direction of the Finance and Accounting Supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external audit and tax informational requests for the Bank and Holding Company.
- Provide key backup to Finance and Accounting Supervisor position. Familiarization and working knowledge of daily cash settlement and investment activities, including the recording of fed fund and FHLB advances, maturities, principal and interest payments, and interest accruals, daily and monthly accounting activities (i.e. pledging and safekeeping, maintenance over supporting documentation, and reporting).
- Assistance with annual budgeting/forecasting process for all bank profit and cost centers. Includes continual development, enhancement, and maintenance over the integrity of the budgeting/forecasting model and related spreadsheet tools. Provide training and support to managers during the budgeting process.
- Assist with maintenance of Customer Profitability Management and Funds Transfer Pricing systems for all profits centers of the bank. Including assistance with the development, implementation, and communication of methodology and procedural enhancements related to transfer pricing and relationship profitability measurement.
- Maintain effective working relationships and workflows between various departments of the bank.
- Leading and organizing system automation possibilities to improve and promote accounting/ operational efficiencies.
- Other items as requested by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university;
- Three to five years related experience in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Previous knowledge of bank accounting and operating policies and procedures is preferable
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations; ability to review, interpret and implement tax law changes
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to utilize written and verbal communication skills effectively
- Good time-management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong personal computer skills; preference in ITI mainframe and Microsoft Office environment
- Maintains high level of knowledge of legal and regulatory banking compliance in order to properly complete the duties of position.