We have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Loan Document Specialist at our Bloomington branch or Maple Grove Operations Center!
This position is responsible for providing, processing, booking, and perfecting all consumer and commercial loans. Assist in monitoring, pre-audits, loan maintenance, filing and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare loan documentation for consumer and commercial loans in compliance with Federal and State regulations and Bank policy guidelines. Collaborates closely with retail and business banking departments to determine appropriate documentation.
- Administer the loan booking process on core and document imaging software, includes new loans and renewals for consumer and commercial loans.
- Perfect bank’s collateral by recording lien documents with appropriate State and/or County recorder office or the Secretary of State. Ensure proper hazard and/or flood insurance coverage is obtained.
- Process loan recording, filing, and origination fees to Bank general ledger accounts.
- Follow-up with various vendors to ensure recorded collateral is obtained from appropriate State and/or County recorder office.
- Enter information into loan tickler database regarding future action needed such as obtaining additional documentation, financial statements, etc. Conduct follow-up on appropriate outstanding tickler exceptions.
- Active participant in loan due diligence meetings.
- Establish and maintain Bank’s loan collateral files.
- Responsible for compliance with The Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act (AML/BSA), OFAC, Customer Information Policy (CIP) and Identity Theft Program to ensure ongoing risk assessment analysis as well as monitoring and reporting suspicious activity.
- Rotate weekly department tasks including monitoring department email boxes and monitoring and distributing doc requests.
- Provide leadership and direction to credit/loan administration staff by leading by example.
- Provide support by keying, copying, faxing, and distributing correspondence, reports, and loan documents; maintaining department records and loan files, collateral vault, and computerized tickler system.
- Provide customer service by answering questions pertaining to loan activities such as loan balances, payoff amounts, interest accruals and billing statements, etc.
- Process credit disputes and maintain accurate credit bureau reporting on all loans.
- Prepares and mails adverse action notices as directed by lenders and manager.
- Provide administrative support for various vendors and software programs.
- Process wire payments for client notes and participation transactions utilizing the proper transaction codes on the loan system. Verify transactions post properly the following day
- Other duties as assigned by manager. May provide back up for other areas. Maintains the privacy and security control of all customer records. Reports suspicious activity or lax security measures to a manager.
- AA or BA degree preferred in Business Administration, Finance Banking or related field or 5+ years banking experience
- At least 3 years of experience in consumer and commercial lending and collateral documentation
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of federal and state regulatory banking compliance in order to properly perform the duties of this position.
- Knowledge of LaserPro is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision but is a strong team player
- Strong time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment