We have an exciting career opportunity for a full-time, Portfolio Manager at our Minnetonka location!
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for effectively managing and servicing a portfolio of smaller to midsize Commercial Banking relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Monitor the assigned Commercial Banker(s) loan portfolio to ensure accurate and timely completion/review of loan covenant tests, borrowing base certificates, and complete loan file comments for relationships >$500,000 in exposure.
- Request and review financial tickler documentation received from the customer and completion of cash flow analysis on an appropriate basis for each customer (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annual).
- Alert the Commercial Banker of any deterioration with the customer and assist in determining appropriate action steps, if necessary, risk rating change, etc.
- New Underwriting: Accurate and timely completion of Underwriting for new money requests for relationships >$500,000 in exposure. Work closely with the Commercial Banker and customer/prospect to meet the expected timeline.
- Loan Renewals: Accurate and timely completion of Underwriting of renewal loan requests for relationships >$500,000 in exposure. Work closely with the Commercial Banker and customer to meet the expected timeline and ensure the renewal is completed prior to maturity.
- Annual Reviews: Accurate and timely completion of Underwriting of Annual Reviews for relationships >$500,000 in exposure. Work closely with the Commercial Banker and customer to meet the Annual Review assigned date.
- Problem Loan Reports: Accurate and timely completion of Problem Loan Reports. Ensure appropriate cash flow analysis is completed and included with the PLR and appropriate collateral review documents are completed (FAS 114, IPV’s, etc.). Work closely with the Commercial Banker and customer to meet the PLR deadline.
- Order applicable loan related items necessary to ensure a smooth and timely loan closing. This includes such things as, but not limited to: appraisals, credit bureau reports, background checks, flood report, title work, environmental, UCC search, and completion of IPV’s.
- Loan Documentation Review: Review of loan documents to ensure accuracy.
- Jointly responsible with the Commercial Banker and Commercial Banking Associate for effective client interaction and communication, to ensure a positive client experience, and high customer satisfaction.
- Partners with team CBA to obtain and review all necessary collateral verification documentation (Title work, Environmental Assessments, Appraisals, etc.) and conduct pre-close loan reviews of documentation; to minimize compliance, regulatory, and lien perfection exceptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Financial statement analysis background with proven credit skills including analysis, documentation, and structure
- Possess a lending philosophy consistent with the Bank
- Credit Risk Management
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- PC skills including word processing and spreadsheets
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of bank operations, products and services, and regulatory and statutory requirements
- Leadership abilities to provide guidance to subordinates
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must maintain a high level of knowledge of legal and regulatory banking compliance in order to properly complete the duties of position
BA/BS degree in business or finance with strong accounting. Minimum of five years’ general commercial banking experience or equivalent total years of experience.