We have an exciting opening for a Lead Universal Banker position at our St. Michael location!
To deliver exceptional customer service while performing a wide range of customer support related to consumer and business banking, including transaction processing as well as assisting customers with a variety of questions regarding consumer and business products, services, policies and regulations of the bank in a clear and pleasant manner. Under the direction of the Branch Manager and in line with established policies and procedures, responsible for effective planning, coordination, direction and control of the Universal Banker staff while ensuring/maintaining audit compliance and timely completion of departmental administrative functions. Oversees, participates in and directs the sales and customer service culture within the Universal Banker areas while continuously monitoring the sales and customer service efforts of Universal Banker staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs the functions of a Universal Banker I.
- Hires, trains, oversees and motivates Universal Banker I and IIs. Responsible for performance management of staff to include maintaining customer service levels, assisting with cross-selling opportunities, product and service demonstrations and product knowledge.
- Provides ongoing supervision to include goal setting and monitoring of production for sales and service strategies.
- Maintain, perform and ensure timely completion of all audit requirements necessary for Universal Banker I and IIs, regulatory and security compliance.
- Review Director Reports as required.
- Coordinate staff scheduling.
- Communicate policies and procedures to personnel ensuring consistent implementation.
- Maintain security measures and vault requirements established by management. Ensure personnel follow ID guidelines, protecting customer privacy and reduce exposure to losses.
- Report drawer differences in accordance with company policy.
- Provide technical expertise to the team. Serve as branch “subject matter expert” on procedures, documentation, products and services offered.
- Assist with facilities management as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimally three to five years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Training, supervisory, cash handling, new accounts, Help Desk, Phone Bank.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both customers and other employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures and stress that can change rapidly dependent on staffing levels as well as customer activity.
- Good organizational skills, to include re-prioritizing day-to-day tasks to accommodate the needs of both customers and co-workers.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with mobile banking solutions delivered via mobile phone, tablet and PC banking solutions.
- Maintains a high level of bank compliance and regulatory knowledge.