We have an exciting opening for a full-time Universal Banker I position at our St. Paul Location!
Responsible for establishing, retaining and deepening customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service, performing efficient and accurate banking transactions, open or close accounts, knowledgeable in policies, procedures and regulations of the bank for both consumer and business customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains a working understanding of retail and commercial depository products and services.
- Process various in-branch financial transactions including cashing checks, accepting deposits and loan payments, negotiable instrument sales, savings bond redemptions, change orders and foreign currency in a timely manner.
- Balances Cash Recyclers, vault and coin machine.
- Upholds customer confidentiality in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls with a goal of customer retention customer retention, expansion of their banking relationship with us and attracting new customers.
- Interacts with customer to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products and services.
- Identifies and closes cross-sell opportunities (retail/commercial) in order to solicit sales of new or additional services or products and refers customers to bank staff for purchase/set-up of certain products and services, as appropriate.
- Opens checking and savings deposit accounts, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes
- Provide secured access to safe deposit boxes, if applicable.
- May open and close the branch following proper procedures/policies.
- Communicates with customers to explain features and benefits of products or services offered.
- Demonstrates products or services and provide assistance in the best application of products or services.
- Performs data entry to maintain consumer and commercial contact and deposit data into the bank’s computer system.
- May process check orders, stop-payments, wire transfers, point of sale (POS) and automated teller machine (ATM) disputes and notarize documents.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC rules.
- Reports suspicious client and account activity.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Highland Bank customers and employees.
- Assists other Highland Bank staff; performs other duties as apparent or as delegated by supervisor, in order to provide excellent customer and internal departments service.
- Volunteer in local community events that the bank sponsors.
- Preferred two to four years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Cash handling, Help Desk, Phone Bank.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.