We have exciting openings for the Universal Banker II position at our Maple Grove Location.
Responsible for establishing, retaining and deepening customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service, performing efficient and accurate banking transactions, open or close accounts, knowledgeable in policies, procedures and regulations of the bank for both consumer and business customers. Proactively develops and maintains the banks’ loan portfolio by providing consumer and commercial credit products and services to new and existing customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Accepts, processes, and approves/denies consumer loan applications and maintains compliance with consumer loan rules and regulations.
- Accepts and enters first mortgage applications for conforming loans to be processed by the Highland Bank Third Party Originator. Ensures all applications and satisfaction of outstanding stipulations are within compliance for 1st and 2nd position loan rules and regulations.
- Collects necessary items and process loan requests for satisfactions, subordinations and lien releases.
- Review and contacts customers regarding past due loan payments and overdrawn accounts, past due safe deposit boxes, non-posted items and chargebacks.
- Attempt collection and retain documentation per policies on past due loans and overdrawn accounts.
- Assist Branch Manager with annual review of lines and loan charge-offs as needed.
- Maintains a working understanding of retail and commercial depository products and services.
- Process various in-branch financial transactions including cashing checks, accepting deposits and loan payments, negotiable instrument sales, savings bond redemptions, change orders, foreign currency, in a timely manner.
- Balances Cash Recyclers, Vault and coin machine.
- May open and close the branch following proper procedures/policies.
- Provide secured access to safe deposit boxes.
- Upholds customer confidentiality in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls with a goal of increasing customer and business base, expanding customer’s relationships, customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Interacts with customer to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products and services.
- Identifies and closes cross-sell opportunities in order to solicit sales of new or additional services or products and refers customers to bank staff for purchase/set-up of certain products and services, as appropriate.
- Opens checking and savings deposit accounts, certificates of deposit and safe deposit boxes.
- Communicates with customers to explain features and benefits of products or services offered.
- Demonstrates products or services and provide assistance in the best application of products or services.
- Performs data entry to maintain consumer and commercial contact and deposit data into the bank’s computer system.
- May provide written credit references, process check orders, stop-payments, wire transfers, point of sale (POS) and automated teller machine (ATM) disputes and notarize documents.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC rules.
- Reports suspicious client and account activity.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Highland Bank customers and employees.
- Develops new business opportunities by participating in local community and professional activities and networks.
- Assists other Highland Bank staff; performs other duties as apparent or as delegated by supervisor, in order to provide excellent customer and internal department service.
- Volunteer at bank sponsors community events.