We have exciting openings for the Universal Banker II position at our St. Michael Location!
To perform a wide range of client support related to retail and commercial banking, including processing various teller line deposit and loan payment transactions for retail and commercial clients as well as assisting clients with a variety of questions regarding retail and commercial products, services, policies and regulations of the bank in a clear and pleasant manner. Develops and maintains the bank’s retail business by selling loans, deposit accounts and other retail banking services to new and existing customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains a working understanding of retail and commercial depository products and services; capable of assisting clients with questions regarding these products/services.
- Accepts, processes, and approves consumer loan applications and maintains compliance with consumer loan rules and regulations.
- Contacts customers regarding past due loan payments.
- Process various in-branch financial transactions including the paying and receiving of currency in a timely manner.
- Balances Teller station.
- Upholds customer security in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and refers clients to appropriate bank staff for purchase/set-up of these products and services.
- Opens customer checking and deposit accounts.
- Performs data entry to maintain consumer and commercial contacts and deposit data into the bank’s computer system.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC rules.
- May provide written credit references, process check orders, stop-payments, wire transfers, and notarize documents.
- Reports suspicious client and account activity.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Highland Bank clients and employees.
- Develops new business opportunities by participating in local community and professional activities and networks.
- Assists other Highland Bank staff; performs other duties as apparent or as delegated by supervisor, in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimally three to five years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Teller, Help Desk, Phone Bank.
- Satisfactory registration as a Mortgage Loan Officer with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. Completion of formal lending training.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both customers and other employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures and stress that can change rapidly dependent on staffing levels as well as customer activity.
- Good organizational skills, to include re-prioritizing day-to-day tasks to accommodate the needs of both customers and co-workers.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Maintains a high level of bank compliance and regulatory knowledge.