We have an exciting career opportunity for a Small Business Administration (SBA) Specialist!
This position will be located at one of our following locations, based on availability.
Under the direction of management, in line with established policies and procedures, this position coordinates and reinforces the sales efforts of the business banking staff, by managing the administrative work and documentation related to SBA lending.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Provides ongoing support to SBA Lending Manager and acts as back-up SBA expertise in the absence of the manager
- Research and prepare SBA application packages and application documentation and work with borrowers to complete and sign
- Processes the closing documentation of SBA loans, updating information and completing renewals while working directly with the Loan Operations staff to ensure the most accurate and timely documentation as possible
- Manages the 4506C submission process
- Perform CAIVRS review (gov’t guaranteed loan check)
- Pays SBA guaranty fee
- Emails SBA 159 compensation agreement on all new loans
- Monthly completion of 1502 report along with secondary market reporting
- Maintain reporting system for renewal of Express lines of credit and completes the renewal process within timeframe allowed of the SBA guaranty
- Works directly with SBA customers and account officers. Provides excellent customer service by answering questions pertaining to commercial loan activities such as loan balances, payoff amounts, interest accruals, billing statements, etc.
- Handles the details of customer service transactions for SBA customers. Creates or enhances customer information portfolio by entering information received from customers.
- Manages SBA tickler exceptions and follow-up. Provides support to account officers in exception reporting and follow-up.
- Provides administrative support by keying, copying, and faxing general correspondence, reports, and officer comments; proofs completed work; files, copies, collates and distributes materials.
- Assists SBA Manager with annual loan reviews and renewals, to include maintaining organized and up-to-date credit files, as well as contacting customers, when appropriate, to initiate the renewal process. Provides loan processing support with documentation and disbursement needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales or related field; and three to five years related experience and/or training.
- One to three years’ experience with commercial lending.
- Very detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Loan accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- A thorough knowledge of bank operations, products and services, and regulatory and statutory requirements and maintain a high level of knowledge and regulatory SBA and banking compliance in order to properly perform the duties of this position.