This position contributes to the loan decision-making process and sound portfolio management by providing in-depth credit analysis on new and existing clients for the Bank.
This position assists and supports the Commercial Lending team by compiling and analyzing financial and credit information of new and existing clients. This role will be responsible for preparing credit presentations for new money advances, renewals, and annual reviews. Underwriting will be for both commercial loans and commercial real estate loans. This position will focus primarily on the loan portfolio of $500,000 and below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze financial statements (includes but not limited to identification of trends, interpretation of financial ratios & significant changes and determination of repayment capacity);
- Work closely with commercial lenders in preparing credit presentations for new advance, renewal and annual review requests; Identifies exceptions to credit policy and violation of financial/other covenants on all credit displays; Offer suggestions as to a responsible loan/covenant structure.
- Spread historical and forecasted financial statements; Notify manager and commercial lender of any perceived deterioration in borrowers’ financial performance in a prompt manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all customer and bank information.
- Perform other assigned duties:
- Reviewing construction draw requests
- Involved in the loan bidding/purchase process of BHG transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field and three to five years of commercial credit analysis or related banking experience.
- Ability to prepare detailed and accurate credit presentations in an orderly and timely manner.
- Knowledge of commercial collateral documentation (Preferred).
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word & Excel and the bank’s financial spread/loan tracking System.
- Detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet high-pressure deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of bank compliance and regulatory knowledge.
- Job is performed independently.