We have an exciting career opportunity for an Application Support Specialist at our Maple Grove location!
Under general supervision, in line with established policies and procedures, provides support of core processing and other banking applications for the entire organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages projects implementing new systems and upgrading existing systems.
- Manages system functionality issues by logging support tickets with our application vendors and escalating them depending on the severity.
- Responsible for systems access to core application software and systems including SilverLake, Teller, Synapsys, Synergy, Banno(digital banking), cash management, ProfitStars, Remote Deposit, Mobile Deposit, Wires, ACH, LoanVantage, DecisionPro, and LaserPro. Resolves software problems in a timely manner and collaborates with users and software and hardware vendors on more complex problems. Identifies and communicates system and workflow procedural problems to the Director of Operations and Chief Technology Officer for resolution.
- Receives, analyzes, plans, and processes requests for specification changes, new product set up, mass changes, etc. Advises user on change implications, implementation schedule, etc.
- Reviews software releases and updates. Develops documentation, instructions, and communication pieces in accordance with company standards and procedures for users and, as needed, provides training on expected changes and enhancements. Coordinates the loading of software releases and updates with Director of Operations and Chief Technology Officer.
- Develops reports in Business Analytics, Monarch, etc. to extract information for operations, audit and compliance, and management.
- Remains cognizant of new and enhanced software programs and researches how these enabling programs can benefit internal and external users to include bank customers.
- Develops procedures and documentation for new software modules. Maintains and updates procedures as needed for all modules. Maintains support reference material for software and specifications.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements software training programs for users.
- Maintains a high degree of technical knowledge; trains and educates self in new areas of job knowledge through formal education, self-study, and reading of trade journals.
- Takes leadership role in keeping abreast of recent core banking software and hardware technological developments and advancements and reports back to bank management.
- Assists Bank Technologies personnel with continual research and analysis of new and developing technologies, in addition to aiding the Chief Technology Officer in the development of both a short and long term technology strategy plan for the bank
- Responsible for maintaining and developing personal knowledge and proficiency in the area of banking processes and technologies.
- Provides software and hardware support for all interrelated core system and loan system as well as any peripheral equipment.
- Schedules periodic preventative maintenance calls. Investigates, troubleshoots and resolves software and hardware operational and technical issues on a timely basis. Creates and maintains a service log of all routine and non-routine maintenance service issues and resolution matters.
- Work with Jack Henry to resolve issues. Ensures that system configuration and documentation is updated and complete.
- Work with bank customers to install and resolve remote capture issues.
- Maintain, and provide documentation for Workflows including the cash management and file maintenance workflows.
- Develop custom programs in C++ and Nintex to meet specialized reporting and automation needs as identified by the business.
- Oversee and support the Account Analysis process each month and provide training on back room procedures.
- Perform quarterly application audits of core banking software including any interrelated systems.
- Ensures the security of systems by performing patching and making sure that controls are in place so that there isn’t any unauthorized access.
- Responsible for performing quarterly audits of the user access and privileges.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Oversees information systems employee administration, including selection, training, and personnel development.
- Consults with top management in order to help determine both technical and business goals; make detailed plans for the accomplishment of these goals.
- Direct and coordinate the planning, research, management and operation of information systems infrastructure.
- Provides system support and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software applications for end users.
- Helps design and implement the disaster recovery plan.
- Develops internal controls documentation for information technology.
- Maintains the physical security plans and provides annual training.
- Conducts monthly information security training using KnowBe4.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Very detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Written and verbal communication skills enabling effective interaction with users from all levels.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision.
- Willing and capable of to travel to all other Highland Bank locations as needed.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and regulatory banking compliance in order to properly perform the duties of this position.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or;
- six months to one year related experience and/or training or;
- equivalent combination of education and experience.